3ds Max Tutorial – ED209 from Robocop the Classic Version
The ED209 Game Development Project is a video learning set that covers advanced game development character building, preparation and insertion into a game both as a static textured mesh and as a fully animated and realised asset. The set covers some unique concepts in game development model development, including a new Scaffold Methodology to allow a much faster approach to modelling.
- Build a low poly mesh to check sizes
- Build high detail high polygon meshes
- Create a game asset from the high polygon model
- Use placement tools to build inset details that would normally take ages
- Learn how to create complex curved shapes
- Build detailed mechanical systems to drive the robot
- Rig using Inverse Kinematics AND Forward Kinematics to ensure the famous sliding leg works properly
- Rig up the weapon arms and build a cool walk cycle
- Create normal maps and unwrap the entire low poly model
- Texture up the ED209 model
- Put the model into Unreal Engine!
You will start this set, as usual, with a completely empty scene in 3ds Max, no photoshop files and no game assets – by the end of this mammoth set, you will have a fully rigged low polygon ED209 with high polygon normal map, actually inside the Unreal Engine with every step of the process along the way demonstrated!