The Place Olblue Puts Things He Talks About Thats Nearly Like a Blog But Not Quite 2008-11-17T14:39:58+00:00

Home Forums 3D-Palace Forums 3D-Palace Chat The Place Olblue Puts Things He Talks About Thats Nearly Like a Blog But Not Quite

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author

New web design look massively improved, big thumbs up 🙂

Anonymous

Good first impression , I just started exploring. Found it difficult to find my way into the forums.
    Community and Quick links are inactive , guessing that is wip?
    Nice sidebar, looks much more professional.
    Always pleased to see the site going forward , good luck Cris.
    Edit : its
    a
    bit
    slow

Anonymous

Really great to be gone for a few days and come back, this is a great improvement and it sits very well on the first impression! Well done!!

OG_olblueOG_olblue

its slow at first when it caches however it catches up 🙂

OG_olblueOG_olblue

Been several months however I want to invite in some feedback from the 3d-palace membership on all levels. At the moment I am going through a much needed cull of tutorials – its been on the cards for ages to be honest and whilst Sponsor members will always have legacy access to all our tutorials – even the old and out of date ones – I would like to start not so much with a clean plate but certainly cleaner than it is at the moment. There are several obselete sets now that really don’t show much for any level of user and that really don’t show what we can do now in a particularly good light.

So – what Im asking is that you compose a list – tutorials that are pointless and tutorials that are most definitely keepers. I am working on a new download system myself at the moment rather than relying on external coders – I would like some assistance on a minor part if anyone has some php time to spare however I don’t expect miracles and I can get by without. My aim is to have something I can show you and wow you with by this coming Saturday if that is at all possible.

Feel free though – I need your advice and assistance here. Moderator and Supermoderator / admin pool, I would like to train someone up as a tutorial administrator to assist Lee and myself once I have the baselines working.

I will post screenies soon I promise.

Cris

Anonymous

I agree with the wanting to out with the old in with the new idea, although to be honest I wouldnt know which ones to suggest keeping and scrapping. I just took a quick glance in the download area, and most of the tutorials there Ive not seen to be honest.

I do remember the skimmer tutorial set, and I think that needs retiring, as if memory serves the texturing parts are well out of date now a days. Iirc you had a thing for cracquire (spelling?!?) filter inside Photoshop for the panel damage :p

Anonymous

I’ll have a look through later olblue, see what I can see .

OG_olblueOG_olblue

seconded regarding the skimmer definately – that one needs to be taken off definately.

Anonymous

We can do a replacement for the skimmer… should be a weekend project… maybe a newer design?
    I will be working on a replacement for the python tutorial, replacing that with an original design… Not uber detailed but enough to call it a high detail model. I have also been talking to olblue about the reworking of the WH40K sentinel tutorial. We are still discussing the scope of that project so We will keep you posted.

olblueolblue
    Keymaster

Lawks. I think I will forgo 8 years of blog here right now – things got horrible, then they got a bit better, then they got a lot worse, then they got a bit better. That should do it. Here is a picture of my dog that recently died.

none nonenone none
    Participant

tfw all the posts are from my last year of high school. RIP.

olblueolblue
    Keymaster

Life eh…

Viewing 12 posts - 91 through 102 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Support